Showing 1 - 10 of 140
AFP, Published on 29/01/2026
» BEIJING - China's football association issued lifetime bans to 73 people, including former national team head coach Li Tie, and punished 13 top professional clubs for match-fixing and corruption, it said Thursday.
AFP, Published on 23/07/2025
» WASHINGTON — American transgender women will no longer be able to compete in women's events at the Olympics and Paralympics after a recent policy change by the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
Nick Atkin, Published on 17/06/2025
» ONE Championship has suspended Lucas Gabriel after the Brazilian mixed martial artist tested positive for multiple banned substances, a source told the Bangkok Post.
AFP, Published on 01/06/2025
» PARIS - Two people died and hundreds were arrested in France overnight as football fans celebrated Paris Saint-Germain's stunning Champions League final victory, the interior ministry said on Sunday.
AFP, Published on 06/05/2025
» SHEFFIELD — Zhao Xintong became the first Chinese player to win the World Snooker Championship as the qualifier completed his stunning march to the title with a 18-12 victory against Mark Williams in the final on Monday.
Nick Atkin, Published on 23/04/2025
» ONE Championship has suspended Banma Duoji after the Chinese MMA fighter tested positive for a banned substance last month, a source told the Bangkok Post.
AFP, Published on 11/03/2025
» BUENOS AIRES - Seven medical professionals who cared for Argentine football legend Diego Maradona during his final days go on trial Tuesday accused of criminal negligence over his death.
Nicolas Atkin, Published on 05/03/2025
» ONE Championship has suspended Kiamran Nabati and Ferrari Fairtex after both tested positive for multiple banned substances following their fight in January, a source told the Bangkok Post.
Reuters, Published on 20/02/2025
» MADRID — Spain's High Court said on Thursday it had found former soccer federation boss Luis Rubiales guilty of sexual assault for kissing player Jenni Hermoso without her consent and set a fine of over 10,000 euros (US$10,434.00) but acquitted him of coercion.
Reuters, Published on 15/02/2025
» World number one tennis player Jannik Sinner has accepted an immediate three-month doping ban after the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) said it had reached a settlement on its duration, making him eligible to return before the French Open in May.