Search Switch

Showing 1-9 of 9 results

Also try: Thailand Economics, Thailand Politics, Bangkok

  • News & article

    Police reclaim Makkhawan Bridge rally site

    Online Reporters, Published on 14/02/2014

    » Police reclaimed the anti-government protest site at Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge on Friday, promising to seize more stages in days to come.

  • News & article

    Water, water everywhere

    Terry Fredrickson, Published on 07/10/2011

    » Ayuttaya has become the focus of a flood disaster that seems to be getting worse and worse without an end in sight.

  • News & article

    The summer madness that bites

    Life, Arusa Pisuthipan, Published on 14/03/2018

    » Thailand has become a bundle of nerves in recent weeks after reports on rising rabies cases and the latest announcement of 22 provinces as epidemic red zones. As of now, the Department of Livestock Development has reported four deaths.

  • News & article

    Sporadic attacks worry army chief

    News, Post Reporters, Published on 17/01/2014

    » Army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha is worried that an armed group might be behind sporadic attacks launched during the anti-government protests in Bangkok.

  • News & article

    Focus on drainage (updated)

    Terry Fredrickson, Published on 21/10/2011

    » The government in now focusing on draining rather blocking the flood waters and has asked for cooperation from Bangkok City Hall to use is canals.

  • Forum

    90-day report start April Fool’s Day!

    By ChalongBoy, Created on: 17/09/2010, Last updated on: 09/04/2015

    » I have heard that... My 90 day report date adjustes to the day of my TM7 issuance, but for the first time only????? Does this make sense... Monday I'll go to Saphin Hin Immi Offit to get a ruling.. My TM7 and TM8 process we so delightful that I forgot to ask! Any info????

    • terryt commented : It’s my understanding the 90-day visa reporting can be done by post mail: Step 1 Copy all passport pages Step 2 Copy arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back) Step 3 Submit previous notification(s) of staying over 90 days (if any) Step 4 Completely fill in and sign notification form TM.47 Step 5 Submit an envelope with 5 baht stamp affixed and your return address for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47. This must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days, if any. Step 6 Above documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by you. Send the documents to: 90 DAYS REGISTRATION, IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1 120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 Notice: Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification. - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt. - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail. - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht) - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt. Also saw this at the immigration website to take care of the process by [b:1ejtfzf6]internet[/b:1ejtfzf6]. According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. He/She could notify via internet ( , ) It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with. Before Application Submission • Please check expiry date of visa in your passport. You must not overstay. • This is not an extension of stay. • Overdue notification is not accepted via internet. Applicant must contact the nearest Immigration Office in person. • Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days and not less than 7 days before the due date of notification. ( see example ) • However, if you leave Thailand anytime during the 90-day period, then the day count will restart from upon your re-entry into Thailand. • This application online is offered based on the information you provided. If incorrect information was provided, and application online tag may not be issued to you. After Application Submission • Once an application has been completed by the applicant. Application status is 'in progress'. • This processing time begins when the Immigration has received your completed application form within 7 working days. • Check your Application Status Online - Within 7 days after your application is submitted, you can check your application status via , • When an application has been approved, the applicant should print out his/her receipt of notification via , .This receipt will also show the next due date of notification and the applicant must keep it in the passport in case of being checked by the officer. Failure to complete the online application form properly and failure to submit the required information may affect your chances of apply notification 90 days online. The applicant (or authorize someone to file for you,only in case of not overdue), must come to the nearest Immigration Office or Branch Office in your residence area. The applicant will need to bring the following required documents: • Your Original passport • Your departure card (TM.6) • Previous receipt of notifications (if any) • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 Offices accepting notification: • Immigration offices throughout the country,particularly the provincial Immigration Office responsible for the area of your residence. • For foreigners who residing in Bangkok,contact Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok • For foreigners residing in Bangkok and carrying out duties relating to the specific One Stop Service Center (Special Services, Special laws) : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact Sub-division 3,Visa extension units,at Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18, Phatumwan, Bangkok. (More information: Qualification of Applicant at One Stop Service Center.pdf) • For special Labor of 3 National Legalized Labors (Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar) residing in Bangkok contact Immigration Division 1 at the following two offices. (1) Major Hollywood Suksawat - 1st Floor , Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok, or (2) Imperial World Ladprao - 5 Floor , Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok.

    • 6 replies, 8,213 views


    Are divorce papers required

    By boatman37210, Created on: 23/08/2010, Last updated on: 23/04/2015

    » I am an American who will marry a wonderful Thai lady in November. I am 62 and have been married and divorced twice over the years. Do I have to provide copies of divorce papers for both marriages in order to marry? The reason I ask is the first divorce took place 30 years ago and I've since lost...

    • drrobert commented : guys, you all have parts of the story but not quite. I was going to type it but I have let the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs do it instead. This is all that is required but may not be as easy if the marriage is registered in a rural area. Appear in person with your passports at your Embassy in Thailand to complete declarations attesting that you are single and free to marry in accordance with Thai Law (blank forms are available at the Embassy). Take the completed declaration to a reputable translation office to have the contents of the declaration translated into Thai. The documents together with translation and copies of passports have to be taken to the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department (address: 123 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 Tel: (66-2) 575-1056-60 Fax: 575-1054 E-mail: [email protected] ) where the Consular Official's signature will be authenticated. This normally takes 2 days. The documents and translation are then ready for submission to the District Registrar who will register the marriage and issue the marriage certificate in Thai.

    • 16 replies, 40,991 views


    marriage in thailand

    By Anonymous, Created on: 15/02/2008, Last updated on: 21/02/2008

    » im canadian , how do we get married in thailand , and what is easy way to do it ?

    • Anonymous commented : This information is all over the Internet, Google it... A legal marriage in Thailand consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur (Civil Registry Office). [ The United States does recognize the validity of such a marriage.] 1. Complete an affidavit at the Canadian Embassy, 15th Floor, Abdulrahim Place 990 Rama IV Road Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand The affidavit form, available upon request, includes all of the information required by relevant Thai law. The form must be completed and notarized at the Embassy. You may download a copy of the form here. 2. Have the notarized affidavit translated. Click here for a list of translators in the Bangkok area. 3. Take the affidavit and translation to: Legalization Division Department of Consular Affairs Ministry of Foreign Affairs 3rd Floor, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road Tung Song Hong, Laksi District, Bangkok Tel:(02) 575-1057-8, Fax:(02) 575-1054 4. Take the affidavit and supporting documents to a local Amphur and register yourselves as married. The Amphur will also require the following documents: Your Canadian passport If one party is Thai, the Thai citizen's identification card If either party is under the age of twenty, written permission from the parents (with Thai translation); If either you or your fiance have been previously married the Amphur will want to see proof that prior marriages have been terminated; either divorce or death certificates. These documents, if available, should be translated into Thai prior to presentation at the Amphur. Simple, and good luck, I hope he's a honey.

    • 8 replies, 3,905 views


    Advise on how to marry my thai girlfriend?

    By Anonymous, Created on: 21/11/2007, Last updated on: 21/12/2007

    » Hi Guys! I have known my girlfriend for 12 months now and want to marry her. How do I go about this n order for the marriage to be both legal under thai and english laws? We love each other so much and I have also been advise that in order for her to come here, it is easier if we marry first in...

    • Anonymous commented : uff is from: You need to write a Letter of Affirmation. This is simply a declaration that you are free to marry - never been married, divorced, widowed, etc.. This letter is written in your native language. The letter needs to be taken your embassy in Bangkok to be certified. The British Embassy currently charges 2100 Baht for this service. Sample Letter, from British Embassy in Bangkok (July 2002). Other nationals should contact their embassy for guidance. The affirmation letter must then be translated into Thai. It seems that just about anyone can do the translation, but the it does need to be certified by the Thai ministry of Foreign affairs; 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120 Tel. 02 575 1056 – 59, 02 981 7171 You need to obtain a Certificate of Residency. Don't let the name confuse you, this has nothing to do with your visa status within Thailand, though you do need to have entered the country legally, and your visa must still be valid. Obtaining a residency certificate is simply case of visiting your local immigration office with your fiancee in tow - she needs to produce her own residency log. You will need to supply two current photos, a copy of your passport and 200 Baht. This takes about 30 minutes to complete. The pair of you then visit your fiancee's Amphur Office. This government office handles all the registration matters of the local population and is generally visited by Thai's when they move home. The British Embassy refers to this office as a 'Registry office', and whilst that name probably describes the nearest thing that exists in Britain the way it operates it completely different; You can turn up at the Amphur office unannounced, produce all the relevant documentation and leave with a marriage certificate within the space of 30 minutes. What you need to take; - Your passport, plus 2 copies including copies of entry visa. - Letter of Affirmation - both originals and 1 copy each of native and Thai versions. - Residency Certificate - original and 1 copy. - Your fiancee's house log, plus 2 copies thereof. - Your fiancee's ID card, plus 1 copy. - Two witnesses. If all goes well you will receive two marriage certificates and supporting documentation that can be used for obtaining visas. The certificates are in Thai, with even the dates written using Thai numerals... All Thai Registrars will require authentication of the British Consular Official’s signature and certification of the Thai translation. This must be obtained from : The Legalisation and Naturalisation Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120 Tel. 575 1056 – 59, 981 7171 (08.30 – 11.30 and 13.00 – 15.30) The fee is Baht 400 per document, and it takes up to two full days for the Ministry to process applications

    • 27 replies, 14,526 views

Your recent history

  • Recently searched

    • Recently viewed links

      Did you find what you were looking for? Have you got some comments for us?