Showing 1 - 10 of 17
News, Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 27/12/2025
» Phuket, Krabi and Phangnga marked the 21st anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami on Friday with solemn remembrance ceremonies, interfaith prayers and tributes to the thousands who died.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 12/06/2025
» PHUKET - Authorities in Phuket are preparing for an anti-terrorism emergency response exercise that will be staged on the tourist island later this month.
News, Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 03/04/2025
» Thitikan Thitipruethikul, a People's Party (PP) MP for Phuket, has submitted a petition to the House Committee on Natural and Public Disasters Prevention and Mitigation (NPDPM) regarding the disappearance of two tsunami warning towers in Thalang district.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 30/03/2025
» Phuket has not been effected by Friday's powerful earthquake that rattled Myanmar and Thailand, says the island's provincial governor.
News, Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 09/01/2024
» Phuket: The country's tsunami early warning system remains up and running despite a fault being detected in one of the tsunami buoys deployed in the Andaman Sea last week, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation said on Monday.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 07/08/2023
» PHANG-NGA: Tsunami-warning buoy 23461, which stopped transmitting data on July 31, has been recovered by a navy vessel, having drifted away from its original station about 340 kilometres northwest of Phuket in the Andaman Sea, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) reported.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 15/11/2022
» PHUKET: Two tsunami-warning buoys deployed in the sea to the west of this island province are being replaced with new ones as the warning system is updated.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 12/07/2022
» PHUKET: Preparations are being finalised for the tsunami evacuation drill on July 20 in Muang and Thalang districts of this southern island province.
News, Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 07/07/2022
» PHUKET: A tsunami evacuation drill will be held on July 30, after a series of underwater earthquakes off the Nicobar Islands raised residents' fears of an impending tsunami, governor Narong Woonciew said yesterday.
Achadthaya Chuenniran, Published on 06/07/2022
» PHUKET: A tsunami evacuation drill will be held in this southern island province on July 20, after a series of underwater earthquakes off the Nicobar Islands raised local residents' fears of an impending tsunami, governor Narong Woonciew said on Wednesday.