Showing 1 - 10 of 10
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 29/01/2026
» The Anti-Online Scam Centre (ACSC) has uncovered a new operational model used by call-centre gangs, which have shifted from using individual mule accounts to corporate "mule accounts" to defraud victims, evade scrutiny, and launder larger sums of money, police said.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 29/12/2025
» In 2025, Thailand faced a convergence of crimes and scandals that shook public confidence in institutions meant to protect society. From a deadly mass shooting in Bangkok to sprawling online scam networks, monk misconduct and a senior police scandal, the year exposed deep vulnerabilities linked to crime, governance and accountability, leaving lingering questions about reform and public trust.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 27/12/2025
» Police have launched a new mobile application allowing residents to entrust their homes to police patrols during the New Year holiday, with real-time updates aimed at enhancing public safety.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 29/03/2025
» The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society's ramped-up efforts to combat online crimes reduced the ensuing damages by over 3 billion baht between October 2024 and February, according to Minister Prasert Jantararuangtong.
Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 22/12/2024
» The damages caused by cybercrime have plummeted by 44% since the 1441 Anti-Online Scam Operation Centre (AOC) Hotline was established last year, according to the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society.
Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 13/10/2024
» Police on Saturday questioned Warathaphon “Boss Paul” Waratyaworrakul, CEO of The iCon Group, who has denied overseeing a pyramid scheme and pledged to help the hundreds of people who have filed fraud complaints about the online sales company.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 09/04/2024
» Consumer fraud is still the number one online scam, causing more than 1 billion baht in damage during the first quarter of this year, the Royal Thai Police (RTP) revealed on Monday.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 21/02/2024
» The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) looks set to confiscate assets worth around 596.58 million baht, which were seized on Dec 7 from a major Chinese gang, Wirun Chanthananan, director-general of the OAG's Department of Special Litigation (DoSL), said on Tuesday.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 10/12/2022
» Police have arrested a couple in Chon Buri and a man and woman in Kanchanaburi for forging bank and salary statements that were used to defraud loan companies out of about 20 million baht.
News, Wassayos Ngamkham, Published on 21/03/2022
» For almost two weeks a search has continued for three suspects allegedly involved in the March 9 fatal shootout with police in Phatthalung -- an incident that will lead to stepped-up operations against gunmen for hire and influential figures.