Showing 1 - 10 of 39
South China Morning Post, Published on 08/02/2026
» BEIJING — In less than a week, China conducted a series of executions on a scale rarely seen in recent decades.
South China Morning Post, Published on 22/01/2026
» MANILA — China's ambassador to the Philippines, Jing Quan, said Beijing and Manila were seeking a "road map" for the next phase of talks aimed at settling their long-running dispute in the South China Sea.
South China Morning Post, Published on 06/11/2025
» HONG KONG — Taiwan's participation in next year's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) summit in Shenzhen as a regional economy will depend on its adherence to the one-China principle, Beijing said on Wednesday, amid growing cross-strait tensions.
South China Morning Post, Published on 21/10/2025
» HONG KONG — Having lived in safe Hong Kong all her life, Nancy never imagined that an overseas job would lead to forced labour in a scam farm, a harrowing experience that lasted for half a year before she could be reunited with her family.
South China Morning Post, Published on 20/08/2025
» HONG KONG — At just 19 years old, Belle Sisoski moves with the certainty of an artist twice her age.
South China Morning Post, Published on 15/08/2025
» SHANGHAI — China hosted the Thai and Cambodian foreign ministers for "friendly and candid" talks on Thursday, with both sides pledging to work towards a peaceful solution to a simmering border dispute.
South China Morning Post, Published on 27/05/2025
» XINJIANG — China's Xinjiang - an ethnically diverse region that still faces Western sanctions over a slew of human-rights issues - plans to open up to more foreign visitors, as the local government strives to boost tourism and diversify the regional economy.
South China Morning Post, Published on 23/04/2025
» ZHEJIANG — A car ploughed into a crowd outside a primary school in the eastern Chinese city of Jinhua on Tuesday, the South China Morning Post has learned, although the number of casualties is not known.
South China Morning Post, Published on 14/04/2025
» HONG KONG — Concerns over earthquakes have contributed to a decline in the number of Hong Kong residents joining tour groups to some popular Asian destinations this Easter, despite prices falling by as much as 15% over last year's level, one of the city's largest travel agents has said.
South China Morning Post, Published on 03/04/2025
» Some Hongkongers have cancelled their trips to Japan following a new megaquake warning issued by the country's authorities, while others have said they will still proceed with extra caution.