Showing 1 - 10 of 143
AFP, Published on 02/02/2026
» RAFAH (PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES) — Gaza's key Rafah border crossing reopened to Palestinians on Monday, an Israeli security official said, though Egyptian state-linked media said only 50 people would be allowed to cross in each direction in the early days.
AFP, Published on 30/01/2026
» JERUSALEM - Israel announced it would reopen the crucial Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt on Sunday after months of urging from the UN, humanitarian organisations and ordinary Palestinians — but only for the “limited movement of people”.
AFP, Published on 26/01/2026
» JERUSALEM - Israel said Monday it would allow a "limited reopening" of the Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt once it had recovered the remains of the last hostage in the Palestinian territory.
AFP, Published on 09/12/2025
» GAZA CITY - Hamas said on Tuesday that the Gaza ceasefire plan cannot proceed to its second phase as long as Israeli “violations” persist and called on mediators to pressure Israel to respect the agreement.
AFP, Published on 04/12/2025
» JERUSALEM - Israel awaited the return of the last hostage remains held by Palestinian militants in Gaza, as the military said on Thursday that those of a Thai national had been identified after they were handed over.
AFP, Published on 29/10/2025
» GAZA CITY, Palestinian Territories - Gaza’s civil defence agency said on Wednesday that overnight strikes killed at least 50 people in the Palestinian territory, as the Israeli military hit a string of targets after an attack that left a soldier dead.
AFP, Published on 20/10/2025
» JERUSALEM - The top US envoys to the Middle East conflict arrived in Israel on Monday to inspect progress on the Gaza plan after weekend violence threatened to wreck the hard-won ceasefire.
AFP, Published on 18/10/2025
» JERUSALEM - The United Nations aid chief took stock of the monumental task of restoring basic necessities in the devastated Gaza Strip on Saturday, and Israel received the remains of another October 7 hostage as a ceasefire entered its second week.
AFP, Published on 15/10/2025
» JERUSALEM - Israel was expected to allow Gaza’s sole border crossing to the outside world to reopen on Wednesday to allow humanitarian aid into the devastated territory as part of a US-backed ceasefire deal.
AFP, Published on 30/09/2025
» JERUSALEM - Hamas had yet to respond Tuesday to Donald Trump on his plan for Gaza, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the Israeli military would stay in most of the territory after he gave the US president his backing.