Showing 1 - 10 of 292
AFP, Published on 26/01/2026
» MANILA - A ferry with more than 350 people onboard sank Monday morning in the southern Philippines, leaving at least 15 dead and 28 still missing, the coast guard said.
AFP, Published on 16/12/2025
» MANILA — Philippine immigration authorities said the father and son accused of killing 15 people in Sydney visited the country last month and travelled on Indian passports.
AFP, Published on 30/11/2025
» HONG KONG - Crowds of mourners gathered on Sunday across Hong Kong including thousands near the apartment blocks that were engulfed in flames earlier this week, killing at least 146 people in the city's deadliest fire in decades.
AFP, Published on 29/11/2025
» PARIS - Fears of days of travel chaos across the world eased on Saturday after the plane manufacturer Airbus intervened rapidly to deliver a software upgrade it had said was immediately needed on 6,000 of its stalwart A320 passenger jets.
AFP, Published on 13/11/2025
» MANILA - Juan Ponce Enrile, a shrewd political operator who helped usher in the darkest repression of the late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos's rule, died on Thursday at the age of 101, his daughter said.
AFP, Published on 09/11/2025
» MANILA - More than a million people have been evacuated and at least two people killed as floodwaters rose in the Philippines on Sunday before Super Typhoon Fung-wong's expected landfall on the east coast.
AFP, Published on 06/11/2025
» LILOAN (PHILIPPINES) - Typhoon Kalmaegi killed at least 140 people and left another 127 missing after unleashing devastating flooding across the central Philippines, official figures showed Thursday, as the storm headed towards Vietnam.
AFP, Published on 05/11/2025
» CEBU — The death toll from Typhoon Kalmaegi in the Philippines rose past 90 on Wednesday, following the worst flooding in recent memory.
AFP, Published on 30/10/2025
» MANILA - In teeming Manila, where poverty runs deep and millions lack adequate shelter, some of the living have found refuge among the dead.
AFP, Published on 12/10/2025
» MANILA - The Philippines said a Chinese ship deliberately rammed one of its government vessels in the disputed South China Sea on Sunday, though Beijing blamed Manila for the incident.