Showing 1 - 10 of 109
AFP, Published on 19/12/2025
» WASHINGTON - TikTok said on Thursday it had signed a joint venture deal with investors that would allow the company to maintain operations in the United States and avoid a ban threat over its Chinese ownership, US media reported.
AFP, Published on 24/10/2025
» BRUSSELS (BELGIUM) - The EU accused Meta and TikTok on Friday of breaking the bloc's digital content rules, putting the companies at risk of hefty fines.
AFP, Published on 26/09/2025
» WASHINGTON - Donald Trump on Thursday signed an executive order laying out a proposed deal for a US version of TikTok that would put control of the app in the hands of the president's allies.
AFP, Published on 22/09/2025
» WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that media mogul Rupert Murdoch and his eldest son Lachlan could be among the investors who will take control of TikTok in the United States.
AFP, Published on 19/09/2025
» WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump and China’s leader Xi Jinping spoke by phone on Friday with expectations that they were set to finalise the fate of the hugely popular and influential video app TikTok, as well as discussing trade.
AFP, Published on 17/09/2025
» WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump on Tuesday extended a delay on enforcing a ban against TikTok until December 16, marking the fourth postponement of a law designed to force the app's sale from its Chinese owner.
AFP, Published on 30/06/2025
» WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump said Sunday a group of buyers had been found for TikTok, which faces a looming ban in the United States due to its China ties, adding he could name the purchasers in two weeks.
AFP, Published on 20/06/2025
» SHANGHAI - Small, fuzzy and baring sharp teeth, Chinese toymaker Pop Mart's Labubu monster dolls have taken over the world, drawing excited crowds at international stores and adorning the handbags of celebrities such as Rihanna and Cher.
AFP, Published on 18/06/2025
» WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump will this week give TikTok a fresh 90-day extension to find a non-Chinese buyer, the White House said Tuesday, the third time he has put off a threatened ban on the popular app.
AFP, Published on 02/05/2025
» DUBLIN - TikTok was hit with a massive EU fine of 530 million euros ($600 million) on Friday, accused of sending personal data of Europeans to China and failing to guarantee it was shielded from access by Chinese authorities.