Showing 1 - 10 of 72
AFP, Published on 06/02/2026
» KADUNA (NIGERIA) - The last 89 Christians held captive since criminal gangs attacked three churches in northern Nigeria in mid-January were released on Thursday, following a spate of mass kidnappings in the country.
AFP, Published on 22/12/2025
» ABUJA - Nigerian authorities have secured the release of 130 kidnapped schoolchildren taken by gunmen from a Catholic school in November, a presidential spokesman said Sunday, after 100 were freed earlier this month.
AFP, Published on 09/12/2025
» MINNA (NIGERIA) - Around 100 schoolchildren kidnapped from a Catholic school in Nigeria last month were handed over to state officials Monday, AFP reporters saw.
AFP, Published on 08/12/2025
» MINNA (NIGERIA) - Nigerian authorities have secured the release of 100 kidnapped schoolchildren taken by gunmen from a Catholic school last month, a UN source and local media said Sunday, though the fate of the 165 students and staff thought to remain in captivity remains unclear.
AFP, Published on 25/11/2025
» PAPIRI, Nigeria - Parents of dozens of children kidnapped last week from a Catholic school in Nigeria are desperate for their release, with one father crying out that his son is so young he has not yet learned to speak.
AFP, Published on 14/11/2025
» GENEVA - The UN Human Rights Council on Friday ordered investigators to probe alleged atrocities in El-Fasher in Sudan and to seek to identify perpetrators so they can be brought to justice.
AFP, Published on 05/11/2025
» TAWILA, Sudan - Sudanese mother Amira wakes up every day trembling, haunted by scenes of mass rapes she saw while fleeing the western city of El-Fasher after it was overrun by paramilitaries.
AFP, Published on 04/11/2025
» PORT SUDAN - Sudan’s army-backed authorities are preparing to discuss a US proposal for a ceasefire in the war with the paramilitary, a government source told AFP, as the United Nations chief called for an end to the “nightmare of violence”.
AFP, Published on 03/11/2025
» NAIROBI - Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan was to be inaugurated Monday with the internet still blocked after election protests in which the opposition says hundreds were killed by security forces.
AFP, Published on 02/11/2025
» PORT SUDAN (SUDAN) - Survivors fleeing the Sudanese city of El-Fasher told AFP on Saturday that paramilitary fighters separated families and killed children in front of their parents, with tens of thousands still trapped following the city's fall.