Search Switch

Showing 1-7 of 7 results

  • News & article

    Cops nab five 'men in black' suspects

    News, Post Reporters, Published on 12/09/2014

    » The arrest of five so-called "men in black" allegedly involved in the killing of soldiers and civilians during political unrest in 2010 could lead to the identification of those responsible for masterminding the violence, a National Legislative Assembly member has predicted. 

  • News & article

    End of Shinawatra era

    News, Post Reporters, Published on 26/08/2017

    » The curtain has closed on the Shinawatra clan's grip on Thai politics after former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra followed in the footsteps of her fugitive brother Thaksin on Friday by fleeing a Supreme Court ruling for foreign shores, political analysts say.

  • News & article

    Ground zero shifts to Bangkok (updated)

    Terry Fredrickson, Published on 22/10/2011

    » There is a lot to watch today as attention shifts to Bangkok. Among the topics we are following are flooding in the Khlong Prapa area, the expected arrival of the northern run-off and a possible dispute between the national and city governments.

  • News & article

    Police reclaim Makkhawan Bridge rally site

    Online Reporters, Published on 14/02/2014

    » Police reclaimed the anti-government protest site at Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge on Friday, promising to seize more stages in days to come.

  • News & article

    Government asserts control

    Terry Fredrickson, Published on 24/10/2011

    » Local residents have been ordered not to interfere with flood management efforts like the building of the dyke pictured below to block floodwater from flowing into Khlong Prem Prachakorn.

  • Forum

    90-day report start April Fool’s Day!

    By ChalongBoy, Created on: 17/09/2010, Last updated on: 09/04/2015

    » I have heard that... My 90 day report date adjustes to the day of my TM7 issuance, but for the first time only????? Does this make sense... Monday I'll go to Saphin Hin Immi Offit to get a ruling.. My TM7 and TM8 process we so delightful that I forgot to ask! Any info????

    • terryt commented : It’s my understanding the 90-day visa reporting can be done by post mail: Step 1 Copy all passport pages Step 2 Copy arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back) Step 3 Submit previous notification(s) of staying over 90 days (if any) Step 4 Completely fill in and sign notification form TM.47 Step 5 Submit an envelope with 5 baht stamp affixed and your return address for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47. This must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days, if any. Step 6 Above documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by you. Send the documents to: 90 DAYS REGISTRATION, IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1 120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 Notice: Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification. - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt. - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail. - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht) - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt. Also saw this at the immigration website to take care of the process by [b:1ejtfzf6]internet[/b:1ejtfzf6]. According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. He/She could notify via internet ( , ) It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with. Before Application Submission • Please check expiry date of visa in your passport. You must not overstay. • This is not an extension of stay. • Overdue notification is not accepted via internet. Applicant must contact the nearest Immigration Office in person. • Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days and not less than 7 days before the due date of notification. ( see example ) • However, if you leave Thailand anytime during the 90-day period, then the day count will restart from upon your re-entry into Thailand. • This application online is offered based on the information you provided. If incorrect information was provided, and application online tag may not be issued to you. After Application Submission • Once an application has been completed by the applicant. Application status is 'in progress'. • This processing time begins when the Immigration has received your completed application form within 7 working days. • Check your Application Status Online - Within 7 days after your application is submitted, you can check your application status via , • When an application has been approved, the applicant should print out his/her receipt of notification via , .This receipt will also show the next due date of notification and the applicant must keep it in the passport in case of being checked by the officer. Failure to complete the online application form properly and failure to submit the required information may affect your chances of apply notification 90 days online. The applicant (or authorize someone to file for you,only in case of not overdue), must come to the nearest Immigration Office or Branch Office in your residence area. The applicant will need to bring the following required documents: • Your Original passport • Your departure card (TM.6) • Previous receipt of notifications (if any) • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 Offices accepting notification: • Immigration offices throughout the country,particularly the provincial Immigration Office responsible for the area of your residence. • For foreigners who residing in Bangkok,contact Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok • For foreigners residing in Bangkok and carrying out duties relating to the specific One Stop Service Center (Special Services, Special laws) : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact Sub-division 3,Visa extension units,at Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18, Phatumwan, Bangkok. (More information: Qualification of Applicant at One Stop Service Center.pdf) • For special Labor of 3 National Legalized Labors (Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar) residing in Bangkok contact Immigration Division 1 at the following two offices. (1) Major Hollywood Suksawat - 1st Floor , Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok, or (2) Imperial World Ladprao - 5 Floor , Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok.

    • 6 replies, 8,020 views


    Advise on how to marry my thai girlfriend?

    By Anonymous, Created on: 21/11/2007, Last updated on: 21/12/2007

    » Hi Guys! I have known my girlfriend for 12 months now and want to marry her. How do I go about this n order for the marriage to be both legal under thai and english laws? We love each other so much and I have also been advise that in order for her to come here, it is easier if we marry first in...

    • Anonymous commented : in Bangkok (July 2002). Other nationals should contact their embassy for guidance. The affirmation letter must then be translated into Thai. It seems that just about anyone can do the translation, but the it does need to be certified by the Thai ministry of Foreign affairs; 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120 Tel. 02 575 1056 – 59, 02 981 7171 You need to obtain a Certificate of Residency. Don't let the name confuse you, this has nothing to do with your visa status within Thailand, though you do need to have entered the country legally, and your visa must still be valid. Obtaining a residency certificate is simply case of visiting your local immigration office with your fiancee in tow - she needs to produce her own residency log. You will need to supply two current photos, a copy of your passport and 200 Baht. This takes about 30 minutes to complete. The pair of you then visit your fiancee's Amphur Office. This government office handles all the registration matters of the local population and is generally visited by Thai's when they move home. The British Embassy refers to this office as a 'Registry office', and whilst that name probably describes the nearest thing that exists in Britain the way it operates it completely different; You can turn up at the Amphur office unannounced, produce all the relevant documentation and leave with a marriage certificate within the space of 30 minutes. What you need to take; - Your passport, plus 2 copies including copies of entry visa. - Letter of Affirmation - both originals and 1 copy each of native and Thai versions. - Residency Certificate - original and 1 copy. - Your fiancee's house log, plus 2 copies thereof. - Your fiancee's ID card, plus 1 copy. - Two witnesses. If all goes well you will receive two marriage certificates and supporting documentation that can be used for obtaining visas. The certificates are in Thai, with even the dates written using Thai numerals... All Thai Registrars will require authentication of the British Consular Official’s signature and certification of the Thai translation. This must be obtained from : The Legalisation and Naturalisation Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120 Tel. 575 1056 – 59, 981 7171 (08.30 – 11.30 and 13.00 – 15.30) The fee is Baht 400 per document, and it takes up to two full days for the Ministry to process applications

    • 27 replies, 14,355 views

Your recent history

  • Recently searched

    • Recently viewed links

      Did you find what you were looking for? Have you got some comments for us?